Thursday, March 03, 2005

MythTV

MythTV:
Today a co-worker (Don Brock) sent me a link to his MythTV (Knoppmyth) site and I was thrilled. I have been looking into this all day. When I get home I am gonna turn one of my boxes into a Tivo. I can't freaking wait. This is gonna be fabulous. Anyone would be excited aobut this if they saw this guys inteface. Its hot.

Estimated cost:
$100 for 200GB drive (50hrs)
$190 for Hauppauge PCI Video Recorder WinTV PVR 350
I think that should be about it. I am sure there will be some misc costs but this isn't a proposal ass.

People who doubt me:
I get mad at people who always doubted the time I put into school. They were like "WTF? Nobody needs to put in that much time to anything.". Needless to say that without exception I make more money and am happier than they. I say this because their lives are riddled with unemployment. In no situation does that lead to happiness. I don't see unemployment in my future(famous last words). It just made me so mad. So for future reference, if I devote my whole life to something and I do so for years with massive progress, please, don't doubt me.

Work:
Mario is done waiting. I hate waiting. I wouldn't mind as much if I didn't have anything to do, but I have stuff, so when I need help I can't get any because I am so far away from anyone. Dumb.

Maryland People:
I don't like how everyone here won the "property" lottery. It makes me mad. I sortof assumed that you had to work hard and stuff to acheive financial security. This is not true. Slick investments can be a highly thought out process or they can be a result of dumb luck, as is the case with most from this area. I don't feel like many of these people deserve the successes that they have. I say this because some of them spend so retardedly. Like getting TV stations that you don't know or care how to get to. Land lines that cost $50+ when everyone you know knows your cell phone number and you have no intention to use that land line. Dumb. And expensive for me.

People in Maryalnd drive like they are the only ones there. So many times I have been cut off for no reason. Someone changes into my lane (all the way on the right) fast with no blinker for no reason. Then they drive about 1mph for a bit. Then they maybe cut back to the other side of the road and turn left. Dumbass. Or sometimes they will just slam on their brakes and go really slow. Or stay in the right lane with the option to turn at a red light but they want to go straight. This is a big problem in Maryland given the light length. Inconsiderate Dumbasses.

Wizards:
Went to the wizards game last night. It was tight. They won. I got to see Yao from Houston. We had a good time. I was pretty drunk on a work night. I liked. Its a pretty decent thing to go to a game on a weekday. Not too late night. Metro was breazy and it was sweet.

No comments: