Thursday, October 28, 2004

Weekend with Amanda Bye

Apple Pickin:
We went apple pickin. It was cool. I ate an apple like seconds after I got it from the tree. That was tight.
See pictures here: Apples


Capoeira:
Capoeira is this Brazilian fighting style. If anyone remembers the game Street Fighter by Capcom, the guy who had the REALLY long arms and could punch from far away. That is a cartoon version of this fighting style. Or should I say, he uses Capoeira (pronounced "Cap p ate ah").

From here (http://www.shockwave.com/sw/content/capoeirafighter - a cool game you can DL and play which features this type of fighting): Capoeira is a unique fighting style that mixes martial arts with song and dance.

Anyway, I got into this kinda fighting. Sorta. Well I went to one class and I liked it alot. It was really cool. It was like dancing. Only your dance partner, was trying to kick your ass (sorta). It was so great. My feet hurt now. We did it barefoot so I feel like my pads are raw.

Anyway. So it is VERY similar to break dancing. The first move you do is a "top rock" in BD and in C it is called "Jenga". Its REALLY similar. That is why I could do it. Not to say that I have TONS of experience in Break Dancing, but I do have an instructional video or 2.

Anyway, then you break off into kicks and cartwheels which you need to block if you are getting them at you. This goes on for quite a bit until a new person comes in from the mouth of the dance circle. I don't have all the terms down so any Brazilians will have to forgive me.

So I would like to do this again. They are starting a Capoeira "Center" or whatever south of DC(far). I would consider obtaining a membership.

side note about the music. The Zoom Zoom song of Mazda is a very common song to play with from what I have found out.

LOST:
Kathy and I are up to episode 6 of lost. Its good.

Desperate Housewives:
Eva Langoria...

Jesse's Computer:
Jesse hinted at me buying his computer. I hinted at buying his bike AND his computer.

I hinted on JUST the bike. He didn't hint anything back.

This week:
I see a personal trainer to build my size. WAHOO..

No comments: