Monday, September 27, 2004

Reverse Chronologically described dates starting at Kings Dominion

Kings dominion RULES! I couldn't believe how fun it was. Except for the lines
My top 3 roller coasters reside there.

Volcano: RULED. There were flames and fire and upside down and just as you thought you were at top speed you hit another acceleration part and you are flyin out of the mouth of the volcano. The flames made a circle of black smoke when they shot out. It was cool. GREAT!

Flight of Fear: RULED. totally dark and loopy inside. We had absolutely 0 idea what to expect. The best part was the picture of us during the ride. I looked totally shocked and Kathy was screamin! GREAT!

and
Hypersonic XLC: Ruled. 0-80 in 1.8 seconds. For those that don't know, that is UNREAL! Plus it is the only rollercoaster I have ever seen that goes completely vertical for an non-trivial length of time. GREAT!

So those are 1,2,3 in no particular order.

Networking:
The house is finally networked. Its a really confusing setup. We have a router attached to the cable modem with 2 PC's and a wireless AP. Then there is another wireless AP which acts as a repeater. Its kinda dumb. Attached to that network is Kurt and Mine's computers. At no point do we use the slickly wired networking capability of the house. Damnit! Thats the dumb part. Rick doesn't have a connection in his office of all places. Odd.

Justin is starting to smell.

I got the computer from Kathy's friend Amanda last weekend. I have installed Gentoo. I have called it 'CJ'. Named after the Civic. I am in the process of getting KDE installed. But now my network connection is down. I wonder if that is a Lockheed or Comcast thing. So the install is stalled.

I talked to the guy at the stereo shop on Friday about the mp3car. He LOVED it. He told like 3 or 4 people while I was there and they were all brainstorming about it. It was great. I don't think I will do business with them though. It was WAY too expensive. Talking like 4x what I would spend if I installed it myself. Kinda dumb.

Kathy is saying that we can continue on our task.
By the way, Ryan gave Kathy and I a task last week. It gets us into the system. That is cool. Its kind of a boring task though. And I don't think we have the exposure to be able to complete it.

No comments: