Thursday, March 22, 2007

Just a few things I want to mention. First, obviously I've moved to Blogger courtesy of a program from Paul Cooley over at Linux Lore. Its a pretty decent tool that does everything I need. The only issue is that it requires the .net framework to be installed. I guess its ok, but it still just seems like a gigantic overhead for a small task (the .net install, not his).

So with blogger comes some very decent changes. For one, I can now use analytics on my blog which is something I couldn't do in LJ. Thanks for visiting people from France. Oui! And that about sums up what I know of the French language. But its really nice to have analytics data that actually gets exercised. Its tight. I like the look and feel a bit more on blogger. Maybe I just like change in general, but so far I'm happy.


I also picked up a tool called jUploadr for my Mac which allows me to upload to Flickr. I've been trying to find my favorite web album, I think I've found it. Holy cripes flickr. I never understood why people said that Flickr was a leading force in the 2.0 revolution, but actually using it to organize my photos really opened my eyes. Man that rules. I really dig the map feature now. Which gives me an idea for a new organizer. I gotta get on that.

Speaking of my Mac, I got some new Rams in there. What sucks is that my original 512 came in 2 sticks, so adding a gig was really adding .75 gigs. That sucks, At least my theory on diminishing returns for adding the second gig stick is totally false. Woot.



Thats about it.

1 comment:

Paul Cooley said...

Welcome to blogger ;).