Friday, June 03, 2005

So it looks as though I may be buying a house.

This gives a pretty good display of it.

There are 3 problems with this place.

1) Unfinished/non-walkout basement - However, we do agree that we can now form it to whatever the heck we want it to be. Also, since it isn't walk out, it makes it PERFECT for a theatre room like her sister's:
.

2) The neighbors backyards do not look stellar. Rather, there are 2 of our neighbors who's backyards are kept to a sub-par level. You can also see that like shudders are falling off and the paint is clearly not maintained. I don't know why the HOA hasn't done anything about this but it is a concern.

3) Termites. We got em in an isolated location (we think). If the seller doesn't get rid of them, then we probably won't buy the place.


On the plus side, its perfect size, its the layout we want, its clean, many appliances are new, the neighborhood rules (except for the 2 houses), there is a TON of open space near us (perfect for frisbee, or golf practicing), close to golf course, close to work, etc.

So it should be a pretty good deal. We put in an offer on it yesterday so that is pretty exciting.

The lady who lived there before us died. Sad. But they are selling the house at under market value. Her legend lives on. Betty King. May you rest in peace.


Internet offers:
I am inspired by here. I am trying to get a 20inch TV. Those things retail at about $1200. At least that is what I saw it at. So I finished my 6 offers and I should have this TV soon after we move in. I bet I could sell it for $900. Wouldn't that rule? Anyone want a Phillips 20 inch LCD TV with Dolby Surround Sound (whatever that means) and a built in FM tuner. I probably won't even open the dang thing. Unless we decide it would be perfect above the bed.

No comments: