Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Bahamas

This is gonna be a long one.

For about 2 months now I have been planning for Kathy's Birthday/Xmas/Birthday('05)/Xmas('05)/Birthday('06)/Xmas('06) present. I kept it from her and told pretty much everyone I come into daily contact with. The gift was a weekend trip to the Bahamas. The flight was direct through AirTran and the Resort was cheap cuz it was opening weekend.

The presentation:
I made Kathy this scavenger hunt. It consisted of:
 a note in a bag on her front door
1. a note in a bag on her front door, leading to...
2. an internet clue game ()leading to...
3. a letter in her coat leading to...
4. a phone call to an unknown place and a request for a "k2 fatty" leading to...
5. her boots leading to a new e-mail account with a clue to the...
6. freezer, leading her upstairs to...
7. a book with an envelope. In the envelope was a piece of paper which said "We leave tomorrow", a second page which was our reservations and plane tickets on the third page.

Basically I am an F'ing Casenova.

It took her about 25 minutes to figure out that "heel" meant for a dog to follow. This was one of the clues and took probably the most time. Reading the reservation also took longer than expected. From what she said, I think she just couldn't believe what it was. She had been wanting (and bugging me) to go on a trip since before Alyssa and I split. We were going to go after graduation but Dougie Fresh ended up getting married and his bachelor party was in good ol' Vegas. So her and I never went.

So I teased her for about 2 months telling her it was gonna be the best thing ever blah blah blah. She said she never in a million years would have guessed what I got her. So thats a good thing. One of the best parts was watching her squirm knowing that the end was paradise...literally.

Anyway, she packed that night and we ate at Red Hot and Blue and went to bed...Stoked


The Trip:
We woke up at like 8 and got our stuff all in the car then it was off to Bal-Teasy's finest airport. We got a couple pictures from before hand.

Once we got there we noticed that some of the stuff on the island was a bit bootleg from the Hurricanes that pounded the island. We didn't mind. We were in the Bahamas.

The resort itself was great except for a few things:
1. The roof of the dining area wasn't totally done so there was hammering occasionally.
2. The extemities of the restort were not finished. So the manmade lake and some of the rooms were still not populated.
3. It was colder than expected (60's).

The Staff members of the place ruled. I wanted to be them. All they need to do is play volleyball and dance and drink and play bingo and windsurf. Damn what a sweet ass job that would have been.


Side:
I wondered if it would be possible for me to pay off my loans then just do that for awhile. Why would you ever stop doing that? It was so amazing. They had ZERO stress. It would NEVER CHANGE EITHER. It looked like a lot of fun. Reminded me of Dirty Dancing starring Patrick Swayze.


Activities:
Kathy and I went windsurfing, kayaking, snorkeling by the reef on the ocean, swimming, dancing (Salsa, Merengue, and at the Disco), long walks on the beach to find Conch's and Stingrays, took a bike ride to the Sheraton and Port Lucaya. By the way Kathy is AMAZING at Merengue. I have a video of it. She was great. We had an underwater Camera for the water sports but we haven't developed them yet. Soon.


Closing:
Long story short. The trip ruled, we are sad that it is over. It was awesome to see Kathy's reaction when she found out what I got her. That really made it worth it. That and going to the Bahamas made it worth it.

I REALLY want to be a staff member at one of these places. It was really cool. I would almost say ideal.


A picture or 2 or 3



 

No comments: