Thursday, October 29, 2009

viewWillAppear


This is me right now: http://xkcd.com/621/

I've tried updating my blog on a regular basis and I fail. I'm just going to not commit on any level. But I'll post what I learned yesterday.

I was working on an iphone project and I needed to check a property list to see if a value existed, if it doesn't exist, I need to slide in a new modal view, add the information I need, then move the modal view out of the way and update the initial view with the data that was entered.

I learned about viewWillAppear. Basically it is called by the delegate whenever this....here it comes..."view will appear". Imagine that. In this case, I update the view to reflect the new data from the user. When the modal view goes away, the new data is updated.



Seem's easy to you, but it's all greek to me still.

No comments: