Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Installing Vista

I got Vista:

Here are my impressions as I'm installing...

I'm waiting forever on this start up screen....Srsly it was like 10 minutes of nothing happening. No spinning no nothing.

I just clicked install now...apparently you can't determine what partition you want to you. All it says is "Install now". I clicked it. I think I just lost all of my data. Wow that would be fun.

Waiting....While I'm waiting I'll mention how I got it. Rit Academic Alliance....Still waiting.

No really...is it erasing everything?

I guess its moving. It just takes like 15 minutes between clicks to do anything....So I gotta enter the product key.

My dashes were added automatically.

I am formatting my drive. That was pretty brainless. Admitedly, I can't imagine anyone messing this up (famous last words). Now I'm copying windows files.

I put all the cds. Then it restarted...now its just doing stuff...

Ok so I'm fooling around with it. There are some fun things. The gadgets I feel are done better than Mac's widgets. They seem more relevant and are actually visible all the time. Thats a good thing. The liquidy feel of it is a big improvement from xp. But these aren't OS things in my mind.

In terms of actual OS stuff, its rediculously better at networked FS stuff. I just xfered a 1GB file at 7MB/sec which is HELLA faster than windows used to do with SMB shares. That was nice. The expose thing is fun. But if you have too many windows open (like it was designed for), I feel like you can't see the stuff in the back of the deck. Thats a bit odd. Anyway, its still fun to deek around with with it.

I went to the games folder. Its empty. What no Solitare in 3d? F....

Oh well...

I'll write more later. I'm le tired after all that work I had to do with installing.

No comments: